Friday 22 January 2010

Kim Gordon, The Go Gos and a Volkswagon Scirocco

Boston - Late 80s - but Kim was, for some reason, in her late 40s. I was still 27.

I was at a hardcore show and when I left, Kim was outside leaning up against her teal Volkswagon Scirocco smoking cloves... the driver's side window was open and The Go Gos were on the stereo.

"Need a ride?"
"Sure."
"Cool. But first let me show you some of my bumper stickers."

After explaining to me how the Rolling Stones logo sticker was affixed in protest and the "Lick Pussy, Rock Hard" sticker was just a joke, we were off.

"I need to pick up my daughter first," she said as we careened through damp suburban streets.

We pulled up to a dimly lit house and out ran Kim's daughter who was, oddly enough, Lea Thompson dressed and made up as her character from Howard the Duck.

Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment